Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Throwback to Summer 2013

So...it's been a while!! It's kind of hard to balance my vlogging and my blogging, but I thought it time to share a post!! In preparation for my upcoming summer vacation, I thought a Summer 2013 Throwback was in order. But first, I wanted to share a mighty fine, cringe-worthy, old man story. This is the story of my "boyfran" (as he is now referred to by ALL of my coworkers, including the big bad boss man).

I work in an old country store just outside of town. We have feed, livestock equipment, apparel, boots, ropes, other tack, hardware, etc. Basically anything you could think of needing for your farm or ranch, we've got. Part of our store is a little deli. We serve sub sandwiches (like subway), wraps, pizzas, biscuits and gravy, tacos, etc. I dare you to name a food category we DON'T serve. ANYWHO, we get a lot of regulars. Some of these regulars are a group of old men who all come in, buy a soda, biscuits and gravy, and then hang out and chew the fat for a little while. One of these men has taken an interest in me.

It started about a month ago when he came in and I smiled at him. He stood there and talked with me for about a half an hour that day. I thought it was nice and I didn't think anything of it. **disclaimer: I have ALWAYS loved chatting with old men. They are insightful, funny, love to tease, and always tell me like it is, which I appreciate. I'm not the type of girl who gets creeped out if they even look at me. That's just not how I roll.** 

The next day he came in again and talked with me some more. Every time I worked after that, I was added to his routine. 

About two and a half weeks ago, he started talking especially about how age doesn't really matter when it comes to true love and how matters of the heart really only concern maturity, not the number of years you've been around. 

Two weeks ago he talked to me about how he's been married twice before because he's never quite found the right woman for him. 

A week and a half ago he said I was a fine woman.

A week ago he said he could make a good life for me.

Four days ago he told me he could leave me millions.

Yesterday, he said he wanted to take me to the balcony and make out.

HOW DO I GET RID OF HIM??? I tried to steer him away yesterday by telling him my boyfriend (who I don't actually have) wouldn't approve. Every time he comes in I hear on my ear piece "Here comes your boyfran Natalie. Better run quick!" Only problem, I am usually the only one running the till. Can't exactly run from the register!! At least there's a counter between us.

Poor guy just needs to find a lady. Should I try to hook him up with someone his own age? I mean age doesn't matter after high school if the person is less than 10 years older than you. This man is 78 years older than me... 

Cue my bitter rant about attracting men far too old for me, not my own age. I'm an old soul. 

Go think on that cringe-worthy story next time you have to go to your minimum wage job and think it sucks. It could always be worse. Even I'm aware this could be worse, but you've got to admit, smitten old men rank pretty high in "Bless your heart" stories.

In other news: 50 days until summer vacation!!!

In honor of the upcoming summer, I decided to flash back to last summer and reminisce about how great summer time is!!!

So much has changed since last summer. 









I grew up and went to college, for one. Also, the awesome family I nannied for and to whom I was a personal assistant MOVED! My siblings have grown up more, especially the older of my two brothers. I've gotten taller! My skin has gotten whiter (time to tan). My hair has gotten darker (time for some natural, sun highlights). I can't wait for all this summer has to offer!!


1 comment:

  1. i love your blog and so good to have one and i was ready that and i love it and your family loves your blog and that is good story to you and that right and i am proud of you do that i have blog to and i went you to see me so and your blog is coming up stories

    ReplyDelete