Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Keep It Simple Stupid

I've been thinking a lot lately about all the things I need to get done, the pressures of life and growing up, the responsibilities of living away from home, etc. I believe I tend to put too much pressure for perfection on myself.

My Daddy has told me (more times than I can count) about a moto he learned on his mission from one of his companions:
Keep It Simple, Stupid
or
KISS.

This little phrase has grounded me more times than I can count. And so, I decided to do just that in this post. Here are some of my greatest, simple joys.


First, foremost, and forever my family provides me with great joy and happiness in this life.


Cows, or more specifically, my major is a simple joy that gives me great satisfaction. It is something I am very passionate about.




Music is something I'm passionate about. When it comes to Country Music, I swoon. I can listen for hours without getting bored. You better believe it's a simple joy.


I love the country. I love the wide open spaces, green fields, and breathtaking sunsets.


I love dancing. It is a simple joy to me to be able to let all my wiggles out and really lose myself in the fun of a great dance!


I love this gospel. Through the Savior I can improve myself. The gospel has given me a good quality of life. The Church of Jesus Christ is life changing. It has given me the opportunity to know my Savior. I know it to be true.

Life is too short to be stressed or over worked all the time. Life is full of simple pleasures and opportunities to be happy. When it seems too much to handle, I will always remember to Keep It Simple, Stupid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment